It is important for employers to appreciate that employees enjoy statutory employment rights regardless of whether they have signed a written contract. There is no advantage whatsoever for an employer to delay issuing contracts.
In fact, employment contracts, policies and procedures are crucial to protecting an employer’s business interests.
Well-drafted documents can:-
- Protect an employer’s proprietary interests, e.g. intellectual property, confidential information and client base
- Reduce the risk of disputes by removing uncertainty
- Set out clear rules and expectations for employees
We can provide the full range of contracts (from directors’ service agreements to zero-hours contracts for casual workers) and company policies (from disciplinary and grievance procedures to social media policies).
We will always try to gain a solid understanding of your business so that we can recommend the right approach for your workforce and industry sector. Where appropriate, we can deal with bonuses, commission structures, share options and employee benefits.
We also offer a review service to ensure that your existing contracts, policies and procedures are fully up to date and compliant with current legislation.
- Drafting a service agreement for a newly-installed managing director.
- Preparing employee and casual-worker contracts for a cleaning, facilities management and security business.