You may decide to allow a third party to use your intellectual property, which will help maximise its value and be of benefit to your business. Likewise, you may wish to use intellectual property belonging to another who is happy for you to do so.
A licence agreement will allow you to set the parameters of using intellectual property rights, whether they belong to you or another, so that the intellectual property is not misused and your business is protected from the arrangement. The Commercial team at Blaser Mills has extensive knowledge of IP law and can:-
- Advise you on potential considerations when entering into a licence agreement
- Assist in negotiating the terms of a licence agreement
- Draft bespoke licence agreements specifically tailored to meet the needs of your business
- Offer advice and assistance to exit a licence agreement if things go wrong
- Resolve disputes where a party is in breach of a licence agreement