Alka is a Partner and has practised law for 26 years. Alka’s work primarily involves acting in high-value commercial disputes.
As a result of her many years as a Dispute Resolution lawyer, Alka’s experience is wide ranging. She is involved in cases in the Chancery Division, at County Court level, in mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Her particular specialisms are contractual disputes, civil fraud, professional negligence and contentious probate.
Her client base ranges from individuals to business owners, directors and professionals.
Alka is analytical, methodical and always strives to ensure that the best outcome is achieved for her clients.
“Many, many thanks for all your efforts and the hard work you put into my case…”
- Settled a professional negligence case through mediation. The case involved legal arguments on holding money on trust and the wrongful distribution of those monies, totalling £1 million.
- Acted in a derivatives action involving a foreign jurisdiction whereby the case, valued at £3 million, was settled prior to a 5-day trial.
- Acted for executors on a disputed Will which involved balancing the needs of six beneficiaries against the needs of a disappointed beneficiary.
- 1994: Partner, Blaser Mills
- 1990: Senior Associate, Blaser Mills
- 1988–1990: Associate, Reading firm
- 1988: Qualified as a solicitor