Ben is an Associate Solicitor in our Criminal Defence team. As a qualified duty solicitor, Ben is able to provide clients with 24-hour police station advice and assistance in relation to all criminal offences. He also represents and defends individuals who appear before the Magistrates and Youth Courts charged with the full spectrum of criminal offences.
Having previously worked as a Crown Court case worker, Ben has gained the experience and expertise to deal with even the most serious of cases.
Ben is particularly recognised for his tactical approach to his cases, using his extensive knowledge of the law when advising his clients to always ensure the best possible outcome for them. His confidence is reflected in the powerful advocacy he delivers in representing those in Magistrates Court and Youth Court proceedings.
Ben also represents clients in the field of prison law. He has represented numerous prisoners facing complex adjudication hearings before the Independent Adjudicator. Ben has also made numerous successful written representations to prison governors on prisoner’s suitability for being released earlier than expected on a Home Detention Curfew.
Ben has also represented prisoners who are subject to parole board hearings, and he has achieved his clients’ release without the need for an oral hearing; solely through his persuasive written representations.
Should you require advice or representation on any aspect of prison law, Ben accepts instructions from clients on a private basis, and will be happy to discuss your individual circumstances.
- R v G: Provided legal representation for a detainee held by the police on suspicion of murder.
- R v B: Part of the defence team representing a defendant facing a Crown Court trial for rape. The trial resulted in an acquittal partly due to extremely detailed case preparation and liaising continuously with instructed Counsel to ensure the best possible result for the client was achieved.
- 2015: Associate Solicitor, Blaser Mills
- 2015: Qualified as Duty solicitor
- 2014: Associate Solicitor, Martin Murray & Associates Solicitors
- 2012: Qualified as a police station representative
- 2008: Legal Practice Course, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice
- 2007: Honours Degree in law, Buckinghamshire University
I was treated so well and Ben and Helen Warren were two of the nicest people I have ever met.