Emily is a paralegal in the Criminal Defence team, working closely with the lawyers in the department. Emily provides professional support and assists in all areas of case preparation. Her duties include file management, client interviewing, drafting, research and investigation. Emily also acts as a first point of contact for clients, providing support and witness care in the lead up to a trial.
Prior to obtaining her law degree from BPP University, Emily’s background was in journalism. For four years Emily worked as a reporter across several regional and national publications, specialising in court and criminal justice, before switching into law to pursue formal qualification as a solicitor. Before joining Blaser Mills, Emily worked in-house as a legal assistant at one of the UK’s largest media corporations.
- 2016: Paralegal, Blaser Mills LLP
- 2015: Assistant, Sky UK Ltd, in-house legal team
- 2015: Post Graduate Diploma, Chartered Insistute of Legal Executives
- 2012 – 2014: LLB in Law, BPP University
- 2008 – 2012: Journalist – various publications