Jolene is a Partner and Head of the Family and Divorce team.
She is ranked as a leader in her field in both Chambers UK and the Legal 500 for both 2017 and 2018. The Legal 500 states that she ‘provides sound, realistic advice at the earliest juncture’ and whose ‘tenacity and experience is always evident in her handling of financial remedy and private children law cases’.
Jolene’s expertise covers a wide range of family law matters with particular expertise in complex financial cases arising on divorce for high-net-worth clients. Recent cases include a divorce with assets, including Trust assets and companies, worth approximately £10 million. Another case where the assets are worth approximately £3 million involving complex questions of law concerning the acquisition of assets post separation but prior to divorce. This case featured a property portfolio within Europe and the US.
Jolene also represents clients seeking to protect their income and assets on divorce, through the drafting of Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements. Recent agreements have involved the protection of inherited wealth in the region of €12 million and an agreement where the parties had joint annual income of £650,000 and assets of £5 million.
During her career, Jolene has dealt with complex children cases, to include applications for leave to remove children from the jurisdiction and implacably hostile contact disputes.
Jolene is a committed member of Resolution, an organisation of over 5,000 lawyers and family justice professionals.
Jolene splits her time between the High Wycombe and London offices.
“Jolene Hutchison was always honest with me, even when the truth was not what I wanted to hear. She made me feel like a person and not just another client. She was always quick to respond to my many calls and e-mails.”
- Recently drafting and advising in respect of Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements for clients with assets ranging from €12 million to £1.4 million.
- Acting for the successful party on an application for leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction to live permanently overseas in South Africa.
- Advising the Husband on divorce where the assets were in excess of £5 million, which required expert advice in respect of the valuation of the numerous businesses owned by the parties. The case required the instruction of a QC during the proceedings.
- Advising the Wife in respect of her Husband’s attempts to hide and dissipate assets on divorce where the assets are in the region of £2 million.
- Obtaining an emergency Freezing Order to protect further dissipation of assets in a Financial Remedy case.
- Dealing and acting in respect of a Financial Remedy case involving a substantial property portfolio in South Africa which needed to be transferred/sold, giving rise to consideration as to complex tax issues.
- Advising in respect of children matters and child arrangements where the Father was serving a custodial sentence for attempted murder in respect of the Mother.
- Representing a Father in an implacable hostile contact case. Father spent half the year living in a European country which gave rise to a non-conventional pattern of contact with his child. Also advising in respect of the joint financial assets which were also in Europe, where the parties were not married.
- 2012: Head of Private Family Department, Blaser Mills
- 2010: Partner, Blaser Mills
- 2005: Qualified, Blaser Mills
- 2003–2005: Trainee Solicitor, Blaser Mills
- 2002–2003: Oxford Institute of Legal Practice
- 1999–2002: LLB Hons, De Montfort University