Robert is a Partner in the Corporate and Commercial team, with over 20 years’ legal experience.
Robert has particular expertise in corporate and commercial transactions in the technology, motorsport and brand distribution industries. He has also served as a non-executive Director providing advice on legal issues.
Prior to joining Blaser Mills, Robert worked at a number of leading regional law firms, before moving onto establishing Cain Law, a niche corporate and commercial firm based in Silverstone. During his career, Robert has formed strong foundations with heavy-weight City and global law firms.
Robert has previously given talks on a vast number of subjects in several locations around the world, including to Californian State Bar at their annual convention in Monterey and at the Professional Motorsport World Exhibition in Cologne.
Robert has acted for a full range of clients from multinationals & public bodies to start ups and individuals.
- Start-ups, investment rounds, EIS and EMI
- Disposals and acquisitions
- Buy-outs and buy-ins
- Due Diligence
- Refinancing and Restructuring
- Joint Ventures
- US/EU and HK
- International distribution and supply agreements
- Disputes, termination and enforcement
- Collaboration and co-operation agreements
- Manufacturing and packing agreements
- Joint Venture arrangements
- Outsourcing near and offshore and insourcing.
- Facilities Management
- Competition issues and anti-trust
- Licensing, Reseller and VAR’s
- Software Development
- Know How and Technology Transfer
- Cloud, SaaS & Web
- Data storage, use and transfer
- System and service SLA’s
- Team and Driver agreements
- Sponsorship and Endorsement
- Cross Border
- Disputes and Arbitration
- Regulatory (FIA, MSA and ASN)
- 2017: Partner, Blaser Mills
- 2009: Director, Cain Law
- 2002: Principal, EMW Law
- 1998: Partner, Kimbells LLP (now Freeths)
- 1992: Solicitor, Denton Wilde Sapte (now Dentons)
- 1987: Solicitor, Penningtons Solictors LLP (now Penningtons Manches)
- 1982: University of Durham, BA Law