A well-drafted manufacturing or distribution agreement will not only set out your specific requirements but will also serve to protect your business.
Some businesses require products to be made specifically for their purposes. If this is your business, or you are a manufacturer, it is vital that your business arrangements are documented in a clear, understandable agreement. All of this highlights the importance of getting your contractual terms right.
Distributors are often viewed as a low-risk option to introduce products to new markets or territories. However, it is much more difficult to exercise any level of control over the retail channels than when selling through agents. Distribution arrangements are also more likely to give rise to competition law issues.
The Commercial team at Blaser Mills is experienced in drafting manufacturing and distribution agreements and can:-
- Advise you on potential considerations when entering into an agreement
- Assist in negotiating the terms of the agreement so that you receive the best possible outcome
- Draft agreements so that they offer you protection and limit your risk
- Review and advise on agreements proposed by the other party
- Offer advice and assistance to exit if things go wrong
- Negotiating and drafting an agreement to manufacture and supply fragrance products for worldwide distribution.
- Negotiating and drafting distribution and merchandising agreements for consumer goods in UK territory, replacing previous agency arrangements.