Running a successful business has many aspects, and it may give you a competitive edge to transfer certain activities to a third party to manage on your behalf, e.g. IT or facilities-management services.
This may involve some of your employees transferring to the service provider. You may require the third party to create new facilities or systems from which to provide the service to you or, alternatively, use their own facilities or systems.
Outsourcing your business functions can be extremely positive, provided the arrangement is documented in clear terms and is drafted in a way that promotes flexibility between the parties. Both parties will require knowledge and understanding of the other’s business processes.
We advise clients and providers of outsourced services, whether they are setting up new outsourcing arrangements, changing suppliers, taking over existing outsourced functions or bringing services back in-house.
The Commercial team at Blaser Mills is highly experienced in preparing and reviewing outsourcing contracts and can:-
- Help you establish and understand your outsourcing requirements
- Advise on tender and bid processes
- Assist with due-diligence checks on potentially outsourced functions
- Advise on any employment implications for employees being outsourced or transferred between suppliers
- Draft outsourcing contracts in clear, understandable terms
- Advise on how best to exit an outsourced arrangement if things go wrong
- Assisting a facilities management company with employee/TUPE issues across a range of outsourced contracts and tenders.
- Advising a training business when issues arose after they successfully tendered for a local authority to outsource services to them.