The Government has made a number of announcements on its ongoing employment law reform programme.
Three new consultation papers and two responses have been published. The key developments are:
- The unfair dismissal compensatory award will be capped at the lower of one year”s pay and the existing limit.
- Acas will shortly publish a draft statutory code of practice on how settlement agreements will operate once the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill has been enacted.
- A consultation on extensive changes to TUPE 2006, including the removal of the service provision change provisions.
- Proposals to simplify the regulation of the recruitment sector by repealing the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/3319) and replacing them with a new regulatory framework.
- Tackling long-term sickness absence by implementing most of the recommendations contained in the 2011 report, Health at work: an independent review of sickness absence.
If you require any further information or advice about any aspect of employment law please contact our experts at email@example.com.