Online fraud is now one of the most common types of crime in the UK and businesses must be fully prepared for the increasingly complicated fight against online crime.
At this afternoon session, Dan Martin, Head of Crime and Regulatory at Blaser Mills Law and Dan Maund, Police Cyber Security Advisor, South East Regional OCU, will provide practical steps to protect your business from online harm with a focus on:
- Passwords – Strong, Separate and Memorable
- Multi-Factor Authentication – A Cloud Essential
- Threats – The main types of attack faced by organisations – what are they?
- Phishing/Social Engineering – How can we spot it?
- First Responder – What do we do if we experience a cyber attack?
- Insider Threat – Accidental and Deliberate
- GDPR data – What it is & why it’s in our own personal interest to protect it
- Supply Chain – Are my partners/customers a vulnerability?
- Privacy – How our data is (mis)used online
- WiFi – Protecting our information on the move
There will be an opportunity to speak with the presenters 1:1 and network following the session over some drinks.
Date: Thursday 14 March 2019
Time: 15.45: arrival. Session 16.00 – 17.00. Drinks and networking 17.00 onwards.
Location: Blaser Mills Law, 40 Oxford Road, High Wycombe HP11 2EE
Parking: available on request only with your RSVP
Additional parking is available at Sainsburys Dovecote (High Wycombe Superstore), Oxford Road, High Wycombe, HP11 2DN
RSVP: Khara on firstname.lastname@example.org