New national minimum wage rates will take effect on 1st October 2013.
The new rates are as follows:
- The standard adult rate (for workers aged 21 and over) to increase to £6.31 an hour (up 12p from £6.19).
- The development rate (for workers aged between 18 and 20) to increase to £5.03 an hour (up 5p from £4.98).
- The young workers rate (for workers aged under 18 but above the compulsory school age who are not apprentices) to increase to £3.72 an hour (up 4p from £3.68).
- The rate for apprentices will increase to £2.68 an hour (up 4p from £2.65).
- The accommodation offset to increase to £4.91 an day (up 9p from £4.82).
For further information or any other Employment Law advice please contact us on at firstname.lastname@example.org.