NSPCC Reports 75% rise in adult helpline contacts since 2011

The NSPCC has seen a sharp increase in adults ringing the NSPCC helpline to report concerns about children living in harmful situations. Of those calls, 83% were sufficiently serious for the NSPCC to refer them onto external agencies, such as the police or social services.

Whenever there is a suspicion of child abuse, it is an immensely difficult time for the entire family, and anybody who finds themselves in this situation will benefit from professional advice on the law and what legal options are available.

Whether or not the police of social services are involved, Blaser Mills can assist individuals where there are concerns about a child’s health and wellbeing, in order to ensure that both the individual’s and child’s interests are safeguarded. We can help make or respond to an application about where a child should live, how much time they should spend with each parent, and take urgent action if there is concern that a child is at immediate risk of serious harm and urgent steps are required to protect the child’s wellbeing.

If you ever believe a child is in a dangerous living environment, you should contact social services or, in an emergency, the police. Alternatively, you can contact the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000 or email help@nspcc.org.uk for 24/7 help, advice and support.

If you would like to speak to our family and divorce team surrounding any of the matters highlighted in the article, or for any other issues related to Family & Divorce, please contact Lucinda Holliday on 01494 478 603 or at ljmh@blasermills.co.uk.