Emma is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
Her expertise covers a wide range of commercial litigation matters including contract disputes, shareholder and director disputes both under English law and foreign jurisdictions. The Legal 500 recommends her for “cross-border litigation and for excellent management of cases of a sensitive nature. Practice excellent throughout.”
Emma has a practice in education law, acting for Schools, Colleges and Universities to provide sector-specific advice on urgent and sensitive matters as well as wider legal issues.
Emma has acted for many notable clients including successfully defending a large international company against former employees supported by their union in a highly political breach of contract claim up to the Supreme Court. Her experience includes acting in disputes against directors and shareholders through mediation, the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for Guarantor in successfully arguing that a break notice served by a company prior to it entering into liquidation limited the Guarantor’s liability under the lease L&C Investments Limited v Chevis 12 Jan 2007
- Contractual disputes, including acting in dispute against former director and shareholder through mediation, High Court and Court of Appeal (1) Mark Foster (2) Foster Bryant Surveying Ltd V (1) Bryant (2) Savernake Property Consultants Ltd (2007)  EWCA Civ 200 CA (Civ Div) (Buxton LJ, Rix LJ, Moses LJ) 13/3/2007
- Acting for property developers in claim for damages arising out of breached option agreement Chantry Estates (South East) Ltd v Anderson (2010) LTL CA (Civ Div) Sedley LJ, Jacob LJ, Jackson LJ 10/3/2010
- Acting for entrepreneur and trust against former tax accountants on breach of contract / professional negligence claim (1) Major Dhillon (2) Bachmann Trust Co Ltd (As Trustee Of The Montilla Trust) V Javed Siddiqui & 6 Ors)  EWHC 2936 (Ch),  EWHC 2020 Ch and  All ER (D) 128
- Successful opposition to application for leave to appeal to Supreme Court in breach of settlement agreement claim MM Packaging (UK) Ltd v Philip Potter and Others UKSC 2017/0176
- Representing GP in successful appeal of Fitness to Practice Panel decision Lawrance v GMC