Nick is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
Nick is a highly experienced litigator recommended in the UK Legal 500 as “outstanding” and who has “tremendous knowledge and experience…always available and responds to challenges in a calm, decisive and unphased manner.”
Nick specialises in complex high value commercial disputes typically with a significant international element.
Nick represents clients in both High Court litigation and arbitration (LCIA, ICC, AAA, LME, WIPO) and also has extensive experience of alternative dispute resolution including mediation, early neutral evaluation and adjudication.
Nick was a key member of the Defence team awarded “Dispute Resolution Team of the Year” at the 2014 Legal Business Awards and “Litigation Team of the Year” at the 2014 Lawyer Awards.
Nick is fluent in German and French.
- Representation of political party in high profile ICO investigation (Operation Cederberg) into political parties’ use of data analytics and potential breaches of the Data Protection Act
- Representation of Labour Party in relation to challenge to suspension of Chris Williamson MP from the Labour Party:  EWHC 2639 (QB)
- $1.67 billion oil and gas dispute relating to ownership of oilfields in Kurdistan: Excalibur v Texas Keystone & Others  EWHC 2767 (Comm)
- $12 million LCIA arbitration against major listed oil and gas company
- £50 million dispute with HMRC in relation to recovery of unpaid capital allowances
- Extensive experience of direct and indirect tax litigation at all levels, including in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
- Defending claims alleging misstatements in bond listing prospectus
- Breach of directors’ duties claim against AIM listed oil and gas company
- Arbitration relating to repudiatory breach claim against private equity owner of a number of shopping centres
- Unfair prejudice claim for minority shareholder in gold trading company
- Shareholder dispute for Edwardian Hotel Group
- LCIA Arbitration relating to ballast water treatment plant
- LLP dispute for AI driven hedge fund
- Various matters arising out of insolvency of Gable Insurance AG