James is an Associate Solicitor in the Real Estate and Development team, based in the High Wycombe office.
James deals with a wide range of Commercial Property matters, including acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold properties, commercial lease negotiations, commercial lending and security work, commercial development, advice on telecommunications mast agreements and licensing.
James has experience in advising clients from an extensive scope of service industries and business sectors, such as global freight and logistics firms, pension funds, charities, real estate developers, pubs, private banks and a range of local, regional and national SME’s.
James prides himself in offering a strategic and commercially focused service to his clients. His approach is professional and methodical yet amicable and collaborative; seeking to understand his clients’ ambitions whilst identifying pragmatic solutions to challenges and leveraging opportunities to ensure his clients’ business goals are met.
Prior to joining Blaser Mills Law, James worked for a business consultancy firm based in London – implementing internal change management, spatial management and strategic property move management projects for commercial and public sector clients.
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of a pension fund concerning a subsisting telecommunications mast agreement on a commercial office premises.
- Advising a global freight and logistics company on surrender of lease of an industrial unit whilst simultaneously negotiating on the acquisition of a new warehouse premises to tight deadlines.
- Advising a global manufacturing company on various leases on an industrial park, including an agreement for lease and licence for works.
- Advising a property developer on a proposed lease for the installation of an electrical substation to service an industrial park.
- Advising a public house on their obligations under a historic lease before setting out a recommended course of action for renewal.
- Advising a commercial real estate developer on the refinancing of commercial development land.
- Advising a national charity on a lease renewal incorporating specific licensing provisions.
- 2018: Associate Solicitor, Blaser Mills LLP
- 2016: Trainee Solicitor, Blaser Mills LLP
- 2015: LPC, University of Law (Guildford), Commendation
- 2014-2016: Paralegal, Blaser Mills LLP
- 2013-2015: GeLLB (Hons), City Law School, City University London
- 2011-2013: Business Consultancy, London
- 2008-2011: BA (Hons) Modern History, University of Westminster