Having qualified as a solicitor in 1990, Jonathan Lilley is now the firm’s Managing Partner, as well as a member of the Commercial and Employment teams. In recent years he has worked in the areas of commercial and property-related disputes and employment.
Jonathan specialises in all areas of commercial property and employment dispute resolution, and he acts for a wide variety of clients, including international freight forwarders, IT companies and property investment companies, primarily in the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) sector.
Jonathan is known for acting in complex and high value commercial disputes, property litigation and employment issues, and he is particularly adept at coming up with pragmatic solutions that, wherever possible, avoid the expense and uncertainty of Court proceedings.
Jonathan assumed the role of Managing Partner in November 2011 and is responsible for initiating, managing, and promoting the firm’s key objectives for growth, strategy and continuing prosperity.
“Jonathan has provided clear, concise and effective guidance to me on corporate and personal matters, and each time he cuts straight to the issue at hand and will find the best solution for all. Always witty and entertaining, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him!”
- Solicitor’s negligence action involving a defective lease, damages and the grant of a new lease in the absence of the landlord.
- Forfeiture of a long commercial lease for want of repair, damage to freehold value and vacant possession secured for freeholder.
- Acting for a landlord freeholder in the refusal of consent to works of a structural nature to a long leasehold demise on the grounds that approval was reasonably withheld.
- 2011: Managing Partner, Blaser Mills
- 2004: Partner, Blaser Mills
- 1998: Partner, Fancy & Jackson Solicitors
- 1990: Qualified, Blaser Mills
- 1988: Law Society Finals, College of Law, Guildford
- 1987: LLB (Hons) degree, Manchester Polytechnic