Matthew leads M&A transactions in the Corporate and Commercial team and has over 20 years’ legal experience.
Matthew’s expertise includes M&A, restructuring, banking and finance and investments. He also has specialist knowledge in non-contentious recovery and insolvency, and solvent reorganisations.
Prior to joining Blaser Mills Law, Matthew has worked at a number of leading regional firms. He has acted for a full range of clients from SMEs to multinationals in all sectors but specializes in the SME/OMB market. Amongst many transactions of note are a £200m European reorganisation for a multinational conglomerate, £25m fundraising for a healthcare company and a £60m sale of an energy provider to a listed US Company. Matthew has strong international links meaning that he is able to seamlessly advise on global transactions.
Matthew is a “stand out individual” – The Legal 500
- 2019: Consultant, Blaser Mills Law
- 2009: Partner and Head of Corporate and Commercial, Tollers LLP
- 2001: Solicitor, Partner, Principal, Head of Corporate Department and Head of Mergers and Acquisitions Department: EMW Law
- 1999: Solicitor Eyton Morris Winfield
- 1996: Solicitor Barlow Robbins