Sangita specialises in property litigation, probate disputes and professional negligence, acting for high-net-worth individuals, clients with extensive property portfolios, and professionals from other business sectors. Sangita is often considered the go-to litigator when posed with difficult and sometimes emotive cases.
Sangita also regularly acts for businesses in contractual matters, both contentious and non-contentious.
Sangita is ranked in the Legal 500, where she is quoted as being ‘meticulous and dedicated’ and ‘a great legal mind’.
Known for her strong communication skills and sharp analytical mind, Sangita has an enviable success rate in both the High Court and County Courts. She is a strategist who has regularly settled cases through mediation, recognising that each case requires its own, bespoke solution.
“As well as being a tough litigator, she always shows great commercial judgement and appears to have an instinctive feel as to how a case should proceed. Needless to say, I am glad that I have only experienced Sangita as a colleague and never as an opponent!”
“Great litigation lawyer… Truly the best I have ever seen.”
- Successfully set aside a six-figure loan agreement against the spouse of the principal borrower on the grounds that she did not understand what she was signing, and there had been misrepresentation by the lender and undue influence from her spouse.
- Advised a married couple in respect of claiming a beneficial interest in a large portfolio of family assets, including residential properties, commercial properties and goodwill in existing businesses where previously no assets were held in their name. Successfully obtained a Declaration of Trust in respect of the large property portfolio.
- Re-established and recovered, within their subsequent acrimonious divorce proceedings, an elderly client’s beneficial interest in various properties transferred in her lifetime to her daughter and son-in-law.
Business disputes/professional negligence:
- Negotiated a six-figure settlement sum on behalf of a broker company for agency commission against a well-renowned Sunday Times-ranked provider of data-centre services.
- Successfully defended a claim against a well-established diamond jewellery supplier acting as principal by an agent for unpaid commissions following the unratified amendment of the agent’s terms of business.
- Successfully obtained a six-figure settlement sum against one of Europe’s largest and most reputable auction houses for the sale of a client’s stock at an undervalue.
- Negotiated and executed the terms of agreement for the transfer to a new limited company of a reputable nursery business for multi-chain restaurant owners following the breakdown of a partnership.
- Successfully defended an international payment order made against the UK’s largest switch distributor by an Italian company, and having the same set aside.
- Acted for the largest distribution house in Africa in respect of the enforcement of cross-border agreements.
- Successfully appealed a Binding Tariff Information classification made by HMRC against the UK’s largest rubber-track provider.
- Successfully set aside winding-up proceedings, brought by a service provider against the developer and owners of a large property portfolio of luxury homes, on the basis that there had been professional negligence in the services provided.
- Drafted commercial terms of business for a long-established leading jewellery house.
Contentious probate disputes:
- Successfully negotiated a settlement for executors defending a claim by a newly-married spouse against the estate of her deceased husband where she claimed the deceased had not made adequate provision for her in his Will.
- Successfully renegotiated a six-figure settlement sum for beneficiaries of an estate in which the executors sought to claim from the estate large expenses that were not properly claimable.
- 2005: Partner, Blaser Mills
- 2002: Senior Associate, Blaser Mills
- 1999: Partner, Pearson Lowe
- 1997: Associate Solicitor, Pearson Lowe