Shona is an experienced Senior Associate in the Real Estate and Development team.
She has acquired experience of a broad range of commercial property and residential property development transactions, freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, and a variety of landlord and tenant matters.
Shona has recently acted on the acquisition of a tenanted commercial building for redevelopment purposes, a conditional leasehold acquisition dependent on planning and completion of works, and the disposal of a commercial redevelopment site with leaseback of part. She has also acted on business tenancy renewals, the disposal of agricultural land subject to overage, leasehold acquisitions and the surrender of rack rent leases.
Shona’s previous experience of working in-house with a pro-active Local Authority has enhanced her ability to take a pragmatic commercial approach to complex transactions, and to quickly gain the trust and confidence of her clients. Clients have described Shona as approachable, focused, clear-thinking and professional.
Shona has also taught Commercial Property on a part-time basis at the University of Westminster.
- Advising a national property preservation charity on the conditional acquisition of a listed building, with development obligations.
- Advising a property company on the acquisition of a tenanted retail site, with redevelopment potential.
- Advising on the refinancing of a property company’s portfolio.
- Advising private individuals on the refinancing of agricultural land, subject to tenancies.
- Advising an overseas company on the relocation of their head office premises, and negotiation of a new commercial lease.
- Advising a Local Authority on a long leasehold disposal conditional on planning.
- Due-diligence advice for a confidential client on the acquisition of a waste disposal business with multiple leasehold sites.
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of a developer to acquire a residential redevelopment site, and handling the subsequent plot disposals.
- 2016: Senior Associate, Blaser Mills
- 2014 – 2016: In-house Property Solicitor, Wycombe District Council
- 2011 – 2014: Senior Associate, BP Collins LLP
- 2008 – 2013: Visiting Lecturer, University of Westminster (part-time)
- 2007 – 2011: Senior Associate, Allan Janes LLP
- 2006–2007: Assistant Solicitor, B P Collins LLP
- 2003 – 2006: Assistant Solicitor, Allan Janes LLP
- 2003: Qualified, Allan Janes LLP
- 2001: Legal Practice Course, College of Law, London
- 2000: LLB degree, University of Hertfordshire