Valerie is a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Commercial team and has 25 year’s post-qualification experience.
Valerie advises SME businesses on agreements and documentation relevant to all stages of the business life cycle. She regularly deals with shareholder and partnership agreements; sales and acquisitions; investment and loan documentation; and all types of general commercial agreements. Valerie is also experienced in intellectual property law and advises charities, trade associations and industrial and provident societies.
Valerie offers timely and pragmatic advice to a wide range of clients, making great efforts to develop a strong understanding of the business at hand. In building long-term relationships with them, Valerie’s clients see her as their trusted adviser.
- Buying and selling of SME companies and asset sales up to £13 million in a variety of sectors, including a car parts distributor, a franchise operation, a telecoms company, a borehole operator and a toy company.
- Commercial agreements including consultancy, agency, manufacturing, supply, distribution and franchise agreements and terms of business.
- 2014 – 2017: Senior Associate, Turbervilles
- 2004 – 2014: Associate Solicitor, Woodfines Solicitors
- 1998 – 2004: Associate Solicitor, Leeds Day Solicitors
- 1979 – 1986: Prosecuting solicitor, Metropolitan Police