Wills, Trusts & Probate » Court of Protection

When someone has lost the mental capacity to make rational decisions, and that person has not granted either a Lasting or Enduring Power of Attorney, then a Court of Protection application can be made to appoint a Deputy to manage the finances and affairs of that individual.

Our Wills, Trusts and Probate team can provide you with the support you need with all Court of Protection matters, whether this involves making an application yourself or opposing an application that may not be in the best interests of the person it concerns. This also includes objecting to Lasting and Enduring Powers of Attorney registrations.

The team provides knowledgeable guidance as to what it means to become a Deputy and the powers that will give you.

As well as applications to be appointed a Deputy, our lawyers can also advise you on applications to the Court of Protection for permission to make gifts, trusts or statutory Wills on behalf of a person who lacks the mental capacity to do so.

Our Wills, Trusts and Probate lawyers are pragmatic in their advice, and they offer a sympathetic approach to often challenging situations.

Not the service you were looking for? Find all our services areas here.