The Employment team is highly experienced in conducting employment tribunal proceedings on behalf of employees, and our lawyers are skilful tacticians.
Our expertise includes but is not limited to:-
- Unfair, wrongful and constructive dismissal
- Discrimination (including harassment and victimisation)
- Claims arising from TUPE transfers
Our approach is to litigate to get you the most favourable outcome in the most stress-free and cost-effective way possible. In particular, we are adept at achieving advantageous settlements and will conduct negotiations to secure for you the best possible result.
If settlement is not possible, we are experienced and effective advocates who can represent you right through to a tribunal hearing or arrange specialist Counsel if the complexity of the case demands.
We offer fixed-fee interviews to assess the merits and value of your claim.
You should always check to see whether you have the benefit of legal expenses insurance, which is often offered as an optional extra with motor or home contents policies, as this may provide a substantial contribution to the costs of bringing your claim (including Employment Tribunal fees).
Please note that Legal Aid is not available for Employment Tribunal claims, nor is there any general rule requiring the losing party to pay the winner’s costs.
Where it is not cost-effective for you to instruct us to act throughout your claim, we can often provide advice and support that enables you to take up the reins and pursue the claim yourself.
- Using ACAS early conciliation to negotiate a substantial financial settlement for an employee who had suffered sexual harassment at the hands of her employer.
- Pursuing a complex and challenging disability discrimination claim, obtaining medical evidence and briefing Counsel to appear at the final hearing, where settlement was agreed.