Blaser Mills Law are currently seeking an experienced Secretary for the Dispute Resolution team. Please find details below.
NB. This Job Description: is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There may be other duties and requirements associated with the position and, in addition, as a term of employment staff may be required to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required of them.
They may also, from, time to time be required to use their car on firm’s business.
You are accountable to the Partner in Charge of your designated office for the performance of your duties as set out below:
Secretary to a nominated Partner or department Fee Earners in the Dispute Resolution team in our High Wycombe Oxford Road office. Must be a team player with a proactive can do attitude.
Duties to include:
- Providing full secretarial support including typing of correspondence and legal documents
- Correct filing of correspondence and other papers
- Timely delivery of outgoing correspondence to the mail point
- Answering incoming telephone calls from clients
- Strong organisational skills essential
- Proper maintenance of the Fee Earner’s flies including timely filing of papers and recording the movement of files handed to another Fee Earner or removed from the office
- The timely preparation of bills as directed by the Fee Earner
- Accepting cash or cheques from clients in payment of costs, disbursements or on account of costs and ensuring that a RECEIPT FORM is completed and handed with the payment to the person responsible for banking
- Making appointments for the Fee earner and keeping his or her diary up-to-date
- Maintaining a back-up record of all key dates on the Fee Earner’s matters
- Photocopying urgent documentation
- Providing general assistance and support to Fee Earners to ensure that clients’ matters are dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Secondary Duties may include
- Standing in for the telephonist/receptionist when required
- Preparing and delivering to the Post Office and Document Exchange the firm’s outgoing mail when required
- Assisting with general banking duties if required
- Carrying out general Secretarial Duties for other Fee Earners when requested to do so by a partner.
How to apply
If Blaser Mills Law sounds like the right fit for you, then please send your CV and a short cover letter to HR@blasermills.co.uk or for a confidential conversation, please call 0203 814 2020, asking for Clare O’Connor Ashworth. Alternatively please complete the form below.