Blaser Mills Law are looking for talented fee earners for their Wills, Trusts and Probate department. The department has an outstanding reputation and is one of the largest in the area. Please find details below.
Main purposes of role (not exhaustive)
- Experienced private client solicitor required – preferably with contacts, but it is not a pre-requisite.
- Must be 5+ years PQE.
- A high level of technical expertise and knowledge including Probate and Administration of Estates, Wills, Trusts, Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- STEP qualifications an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to handle their own case load.
- In their personal fee earning work, billings in accordance with set targets, other than where exceptional circumstances apply.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures.
- Flexibility, dealing with a number of matters at any given time.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Ensure proper control of work in progress, billing and cash collection. Proficient at fee recording and administration.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others. Will develop and support marketing initiatives.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in their professional and personal lives.
- Maintain IT skills appropriate to modern legal practice.
- Travel to other offices and client sites will be required.
Lawyer Competency Framework
Competence will be expected in the following areas:
- Client Service
- Financial Performance
- Technical Ability
- Leading by example
- Management, supervision and mentoring
- Business Development
- Above and beyond
Salary dependant on PQE to be discussed at interview.
How to apply
If Blaser Mills Law sounds like the right fit for you, then please send your CV and a short cover letter to HR@blasermills.co.uk or for a confidential conversation, please call 0203 814 2020, asking for Clare O’Connor Ashworth. Alternatively please complete the form below.