Thank you to everyone who attended our free webinar in conjunction with Silverstone Technology Cluster on Thursday 11th June 2020.
James Simpson, Head of Employment provided employers with an update on the Furlough Scheme including the Government’s latest guidance, the details of the extension to October and the proposed employer contribution. James also covered redundancy rules so employers are prepared to make difficult decisions should redundancies be necessary.
Specific topics included:
1. Update on furlough scheme including emerging and tricky areas such as;
- Who is covered including whether the scheme extends to sole directors;
- Issues around selection;
- The extension to end of October and the Government’s proposals for employers to contribute to the costs;
- How to treat holidays and holiday pay;
- Redundancy consultation during furlough;
2. Review of redundancy rules including;
- Collective consultation;
- Time periods and selection;
- Unfair redundancy dismissals.
If you were unable to join the webinar, you can watch it here.
If you would like any further information on the contents of this webinar, please contact James Simpson at email@example.com or on 01494 478689