Debbie is an Associate Solicitor in the Employment team, based in High Wycombe.
She has over 12 years of experience advising clients on HR and employment issues, both contentious and non-contentious and regularly advises clients on disciplinary and grievance procedures, outsourcing, company sales and acquisitions, settlement agreements and restructuring, including redundancy advice, TUPE and consultation. This includes drafting employment contracts and policies, including restrictive covenants, consultancy agreements and employment policies.
Her practice also covers employment tribunal and litigation claims, including unfair dismissal, disability discrimination, breach of contract, race discrimination and whistleblowing. As a former teacher, she can provide bespoke training and education to clients.
She works closely with a number of employers, including companies, schools, charities, partnerships, educational establishments and individuals.
Debbie is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association
- Negotiating settlement agreements for senior employees and the removal of directors
- Defending and conducting employment tribunal claims
- Acting for high-net-worth individuals regarding the dismissal and removal/eviction of domestic staff
- Advising on whistleblowing, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Advising on worker versus employee status, long-term sick leave, maternity and parental leave rights, discrimination law, working time issues, including holiday pay.
- 2018: Associate Solicitor, Blaser Mills Law
- 2015 – 2018: Assistant Solicitor, Hewetts Solicitors
- 2004 – 2015: Associate, Blake Morgan
- 2001 – 2004: Solicitor, Allan Janes LLP
- 1999 – 2001: Common Professional Examination and LPC, College of Law (Guildford)
- 1997 – 1999: Traders Assistant, Marubeni Corporation
- 1995 – 1997: English Teacher, Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme (JET)
- 1987 – 1989: Administration Assistant, North West Water Authority