David is a Consultant in our Real Estate and Development team, and he has worked in the commercial property sector for 34 years.
David is an expert in commercial and residential property transactions for UK and off-shore companies, including property finance, commercial and residential development projects, building construction, landlord and tenant issues, planning, licensing, housing associations, and selling/buying companies whose only major asset is real estate.
David is also renowned as a specialist in acting for dental practices.
David acts for a five-star central London Hotel, one of the largest property developers in Northern Ireland and various large-scale commercial property landlords.
David is known for working to tight time constraints and works well under pressure. David has a no-nonsense and straightforward approach to the work in hand, combined with a friendly and amiable personality.
“David Michaels is an excellent solicitor who we have dealt with for many years. His standard of service/contactability and ability to get the deals ‘done’ make him our preferred solicitor in mainland UK.”
- Multi-million pound remortgage transactions.
- Multi-million pound commercial property portfolio purchases and sales.
- Hotel, restaurant and pub property transactions.
- 2011: Consultant, Blaser Mills
- 1986–2006: Partner and Head of Property, Simons Muirhead & Burton
- 1980: LLB law degree, LSE